Our client, a worldwide leader specializing in equipment and components for the oil and gas industry, was in need of refining its overall utilization and understanding of concepts around their Advanced Roadmaps for Jira (formerly Portfolio for Jira) tool. In general, our Advanced Roadmaps for Jira training are focused and centered around:
- Program and Project managers
- Product owners and Product managers
- Development team managers using Jira Software
Varying levels of experience amongst our clients are typical and this case was no different, as the overall experience with the tool went from low to intermediate.
As a certified Atlassian Training Partner, our Advanced Roadmaps for Jira training provides a comprehensive overview of how the product works, along with best practices. The course is intended to walk our clients through building a roadmap based on work in Jira Software, forecasting release dates, managing team capacity, and creating and sharing reports on these important topics with stakeholders. This course also includes several hands-on labs, giving our clients the opportunity to build their Advanced Roadmaps plan using sample data.
We delivered the 7.5-hour course at our client's campus and included hands-on exercises that were completed within Atlassian's lab environments.
Some of the key takeaways from the course included learning how to:
- Configure Jira Software to work optimally with Advanced Roadmaps for Jira
- Create a roadmap based on data in Jira Software
- Maintain a live plan that is always in sync with work happening in Jira Software
- Understand and manage team capacity through Advanced Roadmaps for Jira
- Forecast when your project will ship or whether you'll be able to ship by a certain date
- Adjust scope, team velocity, and release timeline to understand impacts to your plan
- Clearly see how your work aligns to business strategy with "themes" and reporting in Advanced Roadmaps for Jira
- Use reports to communicate with stakeholders about project progress and scenarios under consideration
- Use new levels of issue hierarchy to ensure epics and stories always map back to the big picture
Our client was able to have a deeper understanding of the Advanced Roadmaps for Jira tool and its alignment with their project management use-case, which provided clear roadmapping and reporting to satisfy their needs. After the training, our client conducted an internal retrospective of how they assessed the course and delivery, and their results matched the same high level of satisfaction and surpassed expectations that Praecipio received when we conducted our own external retrospective.