It's 2022, and we're (hopefully) at a peak with Omicron, yet we still aren't sure what the future of work looks like. In 2020, classrooms went virtual and suddenly every meeting was online. Many businesses suffered plenty of losses, and some didn't make it. However, some businesses thrived, or at the very least managed to emerge from the proverbial storm relatively unscathed.
Two years later, what's next? If you didn't migrate to cloud, is there still a reason to do so? The answer is still a resounding yes.
The benefits of a Cloud Migration are still many
Data Center and Cloud offer different benefits, but for most customers, cloud is an excellent choice. Data center hosting is self-managed and requires more resources to keep it up-to-date and compliant with industry regulations. However, hosting on Atlassian Cloud provides several benefits:
- Reduce total cost of ownership: Save on physical infrastructure, maintenance, support, and other admin costs.
- Eliminate downtime and maintenance: Say goodbye to falling behind on updates and downtime. When you move to Atlassian Cloud, your organization automatically has access to the latest and greatest features of your Atlassian products.
- Strengthen security: Keep your organization secure and stay compliant as Atlassian takes over safeguarding your data with their security best practices and rigorous testing.
- Keep your people happy: With its ease-of-use and improved performance, the user experience in cloud is more intuitive, seamless, and collaborative.
- Work from anywhere: It's not where you work, it's how you work. Distributed teams can securely access your Atlassian tools from anywhere and through any browser or mobile app.
- Improve business agility: Cloud provides the flexibility to move faster, scale your instance successfully, have greater visibility into real-time data, and improve business agility.
Are your business needs aligned with a cloud-based infrastructure? Organizations contemplated the pros and cons of maintaining their self-hosting capabilities versus something more in the realm of the SaaS model, which involves migrating your applications into a 3rd-party hosted infrastructure that manages everything for you.
On-premise versus cloud can cost your business more time and money and lead to an increased risk of vulnerability. So, the question "Should my business be in the cloud?" has evolved to "How can I get by business to cloud?"
Free eBook: 6 Steps to a Successful Atlassian Cloud Migration
Learn how to assess, plan, and launch a successful Atlassian Cloud Migration with our new eBook. We explore what you should expect before migrating, how to avoid common mistakes, and how we partnered with Castlight Health to guide them through a successful cloud migration. Learn how we've maintained a 100% cloud migration success rate, download our 6 Steps to a Successful Atlassian Cloud Migration eBook today.
How to get your foot in the door
So, it's 2022, and you're looking to move your business into the cloud and accelerate your path towards digital transformation. But, given all the options out there, where do you even begin? If your company uses Atlassian products, it's a great place to start. Atlassian has already taken the position of doubling down on cloud, and it's not a matter of if you'll have to migrate, but when.
Atlassian focuses heavily on supporting their customers during their migrations and are making significant investments in their cloud-based products and feverishly improving existing features.
No two cloud migrations are created alike. There's a lot to take in between users, access, apps, strategies, and so much more. This blog covers some of the things you'll need to keep an eye out for in those first stages of your migration. Also, learn more about different types of cloud migration strategies in this blog.
Whichever way you approach it, 2022 and beyond are sure to be significant years for Atlassian Cloud migrations. So there's never been a better time to take the leap. If you're interested in how Praecipio Consulting can help you plan your Atlassian Cloud migration with confidence, reach out to us today.