Process Consultants work on a variety of projects ranging from short process advisory engagements to complex, multi-month full stack implementations with clients across all industries. Our ideal candidate is a fast learning, clear communicator with varied experience in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Software / Technology Process
- Agile Software Development
- Quality Assurance
- IT Service Management / ITIL
- IT Operations
- DevOps / CICD
- Business Process Management
- Industrial Engineering
- Supply Chain Management
Project responsibilities, commensurate with experience and aptitude, may include:
- Leading clients through requirements gathering and process analysis
- Solution build-out and testing
- Deployment and management of complex Atlassian and ancillary product implementations
- Guiding clients through user acceptance testing
- Designing and developing product add-ons
- Working independently on small to medium projects or as a team member on larger engagements
- Managing projects and client communications
- Communicating openly with team members and management about project status, successes, risks, issues, and sales opportunities in a timely manner
We're always looking for candidates with diverse professional backgrounds and experience levels. The list below represents a minimally qualified candidate for an entry level Process Consultant.
- University degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, or related field of study OR unrelated University degree and two years experience in IT Service Management, Software Development, Quality Assurance, Lean Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- Working familiarity with one or more of the following:
- Software development best practices
- Waterfall, Agile, Scaled Agile development management practices
- IT Service Management best practices, ITIL preferred
- Lean Manufacturing
- Ability to travel as necessary to assist remote clients
- Typically 50% over the course of a year
- Projects where travel is involved typically have a mix of on-site and remote work
We will consider your specific professional experience to determine the appropriate job title from the following areas:
- Experience using and/or configuring Atlassian applications
- Knowledge in test case development and test management
- Business Process Management
- Software development expertise
- Java, Python, Node.js
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL
- Software version control systems such as Git, Subversion, Perforce, and/or Mercurial
- ITSM / DevOps
- CI/CD tools (Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Configuration management tools (Puppet, Docker, Chef, Ansible)
- Linux (preferred) and/or Windows Administration experience
Process Consultants are exposed to ever-changing, challenging client environments. Successful Process Consultants exhibit the following:
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to a set of core values and beliefs during good times and bad, acts in line with those values. Practice what you preach.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted and is viewed as direct and truthful.
- Problem Solving – Solves difficult problems logically and with effective solutions.
- Self-Development – Is personally committed and actively works to continuously improve himself/herself.
- Humor – Has a positive and constructive sense of humor, is appropriately funny and can use humor to ease tension.
- Discretion - Has the ability to respect sensitive information.
- Intellectual Drive – Bright and intelligent, deals with concepts and complexity with ease.
- Composure – Remains cool under pressure, does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough.
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals and steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Fast Learner – Learns skills quickly with facing new problems, a relentless and versatile learner, open to change, and analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish.
- Creative – Finds solutions and new and unique ideas, easily makes connections and tends to be seen as value-adding in brainstorming sessions.
- Proactive – Thinks ahead and prevents potential issues and problems.