Businesses run off process. They succeed with good process; they flop with bad process. Process is everything. Process is what renders a company efficient, maintainable, or a huge godawful mess.
1 min read
3 min read
It’s natural for us to neglect maintenance. It works like this:
- You have a problem that needs to be fixed.
- You neglect the need for awhile because it’s not “bad enough” for you to spend money on it.
- The problem worsens; the need intensifies. Extra work is done to keep things running.
- The need is prioritized. But the solution is too expensive.
- The problem worsens even more. Tons of extra work is done to keep things running.
- The money spent on temporary solutions nears the total cost of a solution.
- You purchase a solution to the problem.
3 min read
Humans have been coming up with new ways to organize their information for years. The need to find the information you need quickly has perpetuated for centuries. When information began to be digitized, that need transitioned into the digital world – and soon we found ourselves with a pile of virtual files wondering how to manage them responsibly.