Atlassian Jira developers have been hard at work on version 5.0, and Atlassian’s “happy to announce” the availability of milestone 4 via the Early Access Program. Lots of great Jira improvements to check out in this milestone, so read on…
Focus on Integrations
Jira 5.0 is focused on features for partners, plugin developers, and integration developers. If you develop commercial plugins, custom plugins, or integrate Jira to other applications, this is a key release to get to know as early as possible – and you can use this to get a head start on making your existing plugins work with Jira 5.0.
This milestone includes:
- a new stable API for Jira
- the addition of create & edit for issues in the Jira REST API
- a new REST and Java API for adding activities to the Activity Stream
- a new feature, “Remote Issue Links,” to associate any external object with Jira
- Add to Activity Streams via REST: add activities to an Atlassian application’s feed via a simple REST API.
- Remote Issue Links via REST: if you have an object in your application that relates to a Jira ticket, you can link that object to a Jira Issue using Remote Issue Links.
If you’re going to AtlasCamp this month, make sure to look at EAP 4 and bring your code!
As always, Atlassian would love your feedback, especially since developers are a key audience for the integration features in 5.0. The earlier the team receives comments, the higher the chance they can incorporate feedback.
For more info, visit Atlassian’s blog.